Sunday 12 January 2014

Who Says a Hutch is Just a Hutch?

This hutch was purchased as a set with the custom buffet I just finished, however the buyer was not interested in this top piece. Not one to toss such a great piece aside, I decided to finish it separately and see if I could transform it into something usable.

I am very happy with the results of this finish - this is a cream chalk paint washed with grey and hand waxed to create a beautiful antiqued finish. The patina is absolutely gorgeous in person! New hardware was added and painted in oil-rubbed bronze to further update the look.

In my opinion, this piece could be used on its own as a book shelf, or display cabinet. I'm also more than happy to create a matching finish on a buffet to once again use this hutch as part of a set. Very versatile!

The hutch is currently for sale. Please contact if interested!

Thanks for looking!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment